Posts

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Raindrops keep falling on my head...



…well not literally but I can always hope!

It’s winter here in the Southern Hemisphere and in Durban, the city where I live, it does not rain in winter so I suppose you could call this wishful thinking.

But I do so love the rain. I love the smell of it, the sound of it and how lovely and clean everything looks after a shower. For me there is nothing better than lying in bed and listening to the rain falling outside.

Oh well, these umbrellas will have to do in the mean time.




 I found a lovely stamped card on  Splitcoast Stampers  that was my inspiration for this card. I knew that with a little tweeking to one of my all time favourite prick and stitch patterns from Stitching Cards the umbrella would be perfect. So I added a curved end to the handle,  left the lady off of course, and I was ready to go.
Once the stitching was done I punched an oval hole on either side, threaded some baker’s twine through that, added 3 flat backed gems and 'voila' a card.
The baker’s twine proved a little thick and the topper would not lie flat so I adhered the top panel to the rest of the cardstock using double sided foam dots. Besides solving the problem nicely it also added some good dimension. 

Supplies
Pattern: Stitching Cards Bookmark Lady with an umbrella
Oval punch and craft hammar
Baker's twine in pink and green
flat backed gems
double sided foam dots

Labels: umbrella

No comments:

Post a Comment