Posts

Sunday 8 June 2014

Welcome to my blog



(Photo Credit: Love from Ginger)


Welcome, I am so excited to be able to share my little spot in 'Blogland' with you.

This space is intended primarily to be a place where I can share my cards. I make hand embroidered ones. Sometimes I diversify a little and will try my hand at other techniques but my passion is embroidery.

I have been crafting in one way or another all my life. You name it and I've probably tried my hand at it. My paternal Grandmother was the same so I guess I never really stood a change.

My Mom taught me to sew and knit when I was about 10 years old and my maternal Grandmother was phenomenal at embroidery and so somewhere along the line I picked that up too.

I have always loved a hand written note or letter and it was when I was planning my wedding, a long time ago now, that I happened upon an album of cards and wedding invitations while on holiday in the UK. I thought to myself "I can make these" and that is how my card making journey began.

Initially I made stamped cards, decoupaged ones and then cross stitched ones but about 7 years ago I was introduced to the 'Prick and Stitch' method of card making and I was hooked.

So I hope you will enjoy your visits with me and that you will find some inspiration here.

Happy card making


No comments:

Post a Comment