Posts

Friday 20 March 2015

A Single Large Flower

Sometimes I am drawn to really simple designs for my cards. That is why I like Ardyth's designs over at Maskarade. Todays card is CASed from one of hers.
I tried it in a variety of different colours and choose to use Rayen thread as I wanted to add a bit of subtle interest with the shine.


Here is one up close


I cut a circle in the topper. Stitched my flower on a smaller piece of card stock and adhered it to the back of the topper. Then I adhere a piece of paper in the same colour as the flower to the body of the card. Lastly I used foam dots to attach the topper to the card. I added some glitter around the edge of the circle and a flat backed gem to complete.

Supplies:
Pattern:  Stitching Cards. Free Flowering Vine
Thread: Rayen in peach, turquoise, lime green and sky blue
Glitzing Glamour in iridescent
Paper: peach, lime green, sky blue and turquoise.
Bostick Foam dots
Flat backed gems in lime green, sky blue, turquoise and champagne.
Cuttlebug
Sizzix 8 circle dies

No comments:

Post a Comment