Posts

Monday 9 March 2015

Masculine birthday card

I am a great puruser of fetes and markets. There is lots of rubbish up for sale but every now and again you will stumble onto something worthwhile. The button on this card is such an example.
I found it at a fete for a retirement village close to my home. It was part of a very old sheet of buttons. All different but white. The sheet looked like something a sales rep would take to a prospective customer for them to order from. There are some really lovely buttons on there, a cute little hat with a ribbon and the sweetest little lamb. I snapped the entire thing up for next to nothing. The price was so ridiculous that I made a donation of my change. It was money well spent.

A friend turned 50 this weekend. This is the card I made for him.


I distressed the edges with red ink and the white star is one of the buttons that I bought, I just cut the shank off.

Here was my inspiration

Source: Zoie
Supplies:
Sizzix 4 Dies Stars, primitive 657910
Red and white stripes washi tape
Star button
 Card stock:  160gsm in white and navy
Ink: Colorbox Scarlet


No comments:

Post a Comment