Posts

Monday 27 April 2015

Ombre

I am taking part in the Casology Challenge for the first time ever


Here is my entry.



I was recently given a box of embroidery thread that a colleague inherited from her Grandmother. Granny must have been an embroiderer as the threads of similar colours where wound together almost as though as she ended a project she just put the left overs together in case she needed them again at a later time. Initially I started winding each colour onto it's own card but realised very quickly that sometimes there were just a couple of stands. So instead I did as she had done and put all the same shades onto the same card. This makes for really fun embroidery and I have been using these for flowers as the petals of a flower often differ slightly in colour.
For this card however I did a bit more planning as I wanted a more structured gradient of colour. I am happy with the end result although I could have done the stems in the ombre style too I think. Oh well there is always next time

Supplies:
Pattern: Pintrest
Threads: Scraps of yellow 
              Olive green
Card stock: 160gsm in white and cream 

1 comment:

  1. Hey My Paper Cat!! I love your ombre stitching. Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete