Posts

Monday 24 August 2015

Odd Numbers?

Those of you who have been following this blog for a while will know that at this time of the school year I am in charge of the hockey programme for the 6 and 7 year olds. We play at a nearby sports club on their astroturf. I have been doing this for 5 or 6 years now and never before have I made so many silly mistakes. The sessions start at 7:30 and myself and a college get there at least an hour before to set up, in the beginning this happens in the dark! We take the big field and divide it into 12 mini fields which are then used by teams of about 10 little boys, supervised by a parent volunteer coach. Well yesterday we arrived in the dark only for me to realize that I had left the whistles and pencils in my classroom. I had no opinion but to dash to school to fetch them. Fortunately so early in the morning there wasn't much traffic and a trip that should take 15mins only took 10. My poor colleague certainly did the lions share of the work that morning.
Then the week before I got home after the session to realize that I had gaily left half of the equipment on the side of the field!!! Fortunately our older boys where playing there so I was able to phone another colleague and he rescued it for me. I hope that the rest of the season improves.

On to my cards. At the end of last year I made some Birthday invitations with an oval cut out. I have been using up these white ovals on my cards wherever possible since. Here and here.

 I am entering this card in two challenges today.


It's a birthday card so qualifies at CASology 


and it has an odd number of flowers so that makes the second challenge at Split Coast Stampers Free 4 All where the challenge is an odd time of the year.


My inspiration

Source: Gem 35

Supplies:
Pattern: Stitching Cards Flower Border thinking of you
             Sentiment:Stitching Cards Words Birthday wishes Capitals
Thread: Cerise: DMC 326
             Apricot DMC 352
             Green DMC 689
              Yellow Unknown
Card stock: White, green and yellow 160gsm
Sentiment stamp : Kaisercraft Mini clear stamps
Cuttlebug
Sizzix 8 oval dies                

3 comments:

  1. Your stitching is simply impeccable!
    Thanks for joining Casology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've been inspired by one very impressive technique to use another amazing technique to make these pretty cards! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little flowers are so elegant, Glenda!!! Love the colours and the beautiful CAS look of this card!!!! So lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete