Posts

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Guest designer #2

I'm the Guest Designer over at Time out Challenges and here is my second card for their challenge

Autumn... The year's last, lovliest smile
  
 
This was actually not what I was originally planning on making. I had in my head something along these lines
 
Source: I'm in Haven blog
 
however I didn't measure my panel for stitching very carefully (that's what happens when you save your scraps to be used later!) and it was too short. After a quick panic I remembered these dies which I have never used before and they saved the day. 
Some crochet cotton, glitter on the leaves and faux stitching complete the card.
 
Supplies:
Thread: Light orange: DMC 352
             Other colour codes and brands unknown
Glitzing Glamour Crystalina
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Curved Matting Basics S5-171
Card Stock: 160gsm in white
                     Cream : Linen effect
Crochet cotton in white
Pentel Fine Liner

4 comments:

  1. Another stitching beauty and I love the added sparkle. It has been a joy having you as our GD x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie, I've loved every minute of it.

      Delete
  2. Your delicate, frosty looking leaves are just lovely, Glenda ... gorgeous with that soft yellow framing! So happy to have had you guest designing with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you framed your stitching for this card - that "never before used" die created the perfect aperture for your amazing creative design! Thanks for providing such great inspiration for us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete