Posts

Friday 26 August 2016

Girl, you'll be a woman soon.

I'm thrilled to be the Guest designer over at Uniko studio for challenge 35 and this is my second card.
 
The challenge is to take inspiration from a song or the lyrics of a song.
 
Here is my first card and for today's one I have used a line from the song 'Girl' by Sundance Kid.
It goes like this
"Girl, you'll be a woman soon"
and I came up with this card
 
 
Initially I pricked the pattern and then added the watercolour working from the left across the page. Once it was dry I stitched the topper, added some glitter around the edges, a couple of gems and it was all done.
 
I will also be entering this over at CASology were the cue is
 
 
 
 
Supplies:
Thread: Grey DMC 317
Paint: Reeves water colour 'Violet'
Glitter: Glitzin' Glam in crystalina
Flat backed gems in mauve
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Your stitching is FANTASTIC and you've even created such brilliant movement in your card too. Fabulous scene and a great song inspiration too. Thanks again for being our GD over at Uniko this month. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your stitching is FANTASTIC and you've even created such brilliant movement in your card too. Fabulous scene and a great song inspiration too. Thanks again for being our GD over at Uniko this month. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really lovely interpretation of the words - just fab! I love the colour and sparkle too. Thanks again for being our GD this month! Deborah, DT. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you get stitching on your cards, such a unique and special talent. Been fabulous having you as Guest Designer at Uniko this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always do amazing things with stitching, Glenda ... here you captured the fun nature and movement of a girl on a swing so delightfully ... fantastic work! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete